Thursday, March 31, 2011

Landman performance visualizer



For my final project, I created a performance visualization tool for 8-bit artist Nullsleep. The idea for the piece was to use Kinect depth information to create a changing landscape and then to have a 3D model of Nullsleep himself bounced around as the landscape shifts. To achieve this effect, I used the Bullet Physics c++ library, which is frequently used in games and procedural computer animation to create physical environments that move realistically. I navigated the incredibly complex Bullet Physics API to create a ground plane whose geometry would be determined dynamically based on the incoming depth information from the Kinect.

This project will continue to evolve as I work with Nullsleep to improve the aesthetics towards a premier at Blipfest this summer.

Landman code on Github

No comments:

Post a Comment